To promote and encourage the sport of archery with adults and youth by providing education, support and fostering statewide and national sports competition while working in cooperation with various national archery associations, wildlife conservation organizations and related governmental agencies.
The Washington State Archery Association strives to:
• Promote the sport of archery among adults and youth by providing education, and skills development, while advocating safety and encouraging good sportsmanship ,
• Foster the development of the National Archery in Schools Programs(NASP) and other youth / beginner archery programs throughout Washington State,
• Provide an avenue for sports competition by holding various types of statewide tournaments for adults and youth,
• Support bowhunting for all legal game working in cooperation with wildlife conservation organizations and related government agencies.
• Increase adult and youth membership in the WSAA.
Statement of Purpose:
A. The Washington State Archery Association is organized exclusively for charitable and educational purposes, including for such purposes, the making of distributions to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or corresponding section of any future tax code.
B. No part of the net earnings of the organization shall inure to the benefit of or be distributable to its members, trustees, officers, or other private persons, except that the organization shall be authorized and empowered to pay reasonable compensation for services rendered and to make payments and distributions in furtherance of the purposes set forth in the purpose clause hereof. No substantial part of the activities of the organization shall be the carrying on of propaganda, or otherwise attempting to influence legislation, and the organization shall not participate in, or intervene in (including the publishing or distribution of statements) any political campaign on behalf of any candidate for public office. Notwithstanding any other provision of this document, the organization shall not carry on any other activities not permitted under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or corresponding section of any future federal tax code, or (b) by an organization, contributions to which are deductible under section 170(c)(2) of the Internal Revenue Code, or corresponding section of any future federal tax code.